Posted in Lesson Plans, Teaching Strategies
on May 24th, 2011
22 Private/Small Group Lesson Ideas…all you need is a laptop and a dream. And you don’t really need the laptop.
- Look at pictures of places and discuss.
- Read “The Road Not Taken” and discuss.
- Read “The Lottery” and discuss.
- Discuss trips you’ve taken. Start by thinking of all the adjectives you can.
- Think of a business situation and role play it (interviews, etc.).
- Summarize a movie.
- Summarize a book
- Summarize a trip.
- Summarize a past project.
- Summarize a future project.
- Visit the Centers for Disease Control website and discuss.
- Read an article from The Economist and discuss.
- TED.com videos (watch, discuss, comment).
- Learn speaking techniques at rachelsenglish.com.
- BusinessEnglishPod has 20 minute listenings you can expand into lessons.
- Pretend you’re making a hotel reservation online.
- Go shopping online and buy presents for the people you love.
- Or, buy stuff for yourselves online.
- Go to craigslist.com and try and sell something online.
- Order a pizza for a charity. Practice, then make a real phone call.
- Comment on YouTube videos. Like this one.
- Comment on Blogs. Like these.